Registration now open for MSE Science Meeting
Massively multiplexed spectroscopy with MSE: Science, Project and Vision
Tuesday 26 – Thursday 28 February 2019 at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Tucson Reid Park, in Tucson, Arizona.
The meeting will be hosted by our colleagues at the National Optical Astronomy Observatory (NOAO) in collaboration with the Maunakea Spectroscopic Explorer (MSE) and Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope (CFHT). The meeting registration deadline is 22 January 2019.
The meeting will be a chance to:
– showcase recent science developments from MSE’s Science Working Groups;
– review the status of the overall engineering design and partnership at the start of the Preliminary Design Phase;
– present, workshop, and discuss science planning needs and strategies;
– advocate for priorities in scientific and technical capabilities;
– discuss and develop the operational concept; and
– begin work on the next engineering and science phases.
The meeting will include both plenary and breakout-style sessions. It will be open to the entire international astronomy/instrumentation community, with preference given to current members of the MSE science and engineering teams (in the case of limited capacity).